I was raised in some churches and I still pray. If you do not feel badly about the idea, I pray that God help you and give you comfort and wisdom and peace.

I have also studied certain ideas of other religions and there is the parable in the Taoist ideas of the farmer and the horse.

The farmer has lost his horse and some people think it is bad but the farmer is not sure . . . and then the horse returns with another horse and some people think that is good, but the farmer is not sure . . . and on it goes.

I do not know if we always know what is good and bad for us, though I can certainly understand feeling badly about the loss of what seems to be your life, for a while, or permanent change, if the loss becomes something permanent.

Sometimes some bad things have a silver lining and I hope and pray that something good or productive come from your difficult situation.

There are some studies which have been done and which have found that thinking about happy memories or friends or persons you care about or who care about you, or perhaps meditation or prayer, help reduce perceived pain.

If you do not feel badly about the idea, I will post a prayer request for you, although I do not know what is best . . . I do not claim that God has helped me much in ways that people or I would recognize, but at least some people feel better with other people praying for him or her or in praying.

In my real life, I know so few people about whom I care much and have so little contact with others in need or pain that I do not pray for others very much . . . but my background is, when I am around persons who are sick or injured, to offer to pray for them or to pray that God be helping him or her.

The God of peace be with you!