Although I've sessioned a couple of dozen times, and have been amazingly lucky at finding very kinky girlfriends, I still consider myself almost a virgin. Hence, my personal concepts of flavors of dominance and subspace are fairly basic...

1) Physical intimidation: the impression that a domme is even capable of inflicting harm upon me, especially dommes with impressive builds (tall or muscular), really freaks me out. To paraphrase Hitchcock, it's the anticipation of the bang that does it. When I first started BDSM, I mainly did wrestling sessions, so the inherent physicality of the domme is kind of a thing. Bondage helps to accentuate the intimidation, as does breath play.

2) Pain: moderate levels of pain clearly do it to me. Pain applied by a domme is a turn-on, in itself. I'm better with thuds than stings. In fact, the power, rhythm, and relentlessness of floggers does something really profound to me.

3) Sexual dominance: this one is obvious, as in T&D, and in the feeling of exposure and vulnerability. This, as I described in another thread, can even happen in a strip club. Many of us guys are pretty simple that way. LOL!

4) Emotional/Intellectual/Intimate domination: This one is really, really hard to for me to pin down, but it's the ultimate. This is when there's a high degree of chemistry, but involves subtle things like tone of voice, eye contact, physical proximity, and perhaps intuition. This is where experienced dommes have a HUUUUGE advantage over others, in how you do things, versus what you do. For me, this wavelengths is a portal to all kinds of kink. Like...did I just worship her feet? Was I just violated? Did she just shower me? I've wound up doing things I never imagined, once induced on this frequency.

Physical intimidation, pain, and sexuality each send me into subspace rather quickly, but they typically have somewhat shorter effects. The emotional and intellectual aspects of dominance seem to build more slowly, but once established, are far more intense, and last quite a while. Even months (okay, pathetic admission: years) later, certain triggers can make me flushed, and send me into a state of longing.

That's what I'm "here" for!