Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
OMG, you put the thing in without any lube?!? Even the small one is huge and usually takes some stretching and prep to get it in comfortably.

Comfortably? I didn't say anything about comfortably... I said I inserted it and it stayed... comfort wasn't part of the equation when I was inserting it and that came much later after my body adjusted. I guess it is a combination of having enough understanding of my body to be able to press and breathe properly at the same time and the "guy's mentality" of just forcing things where they don't want to go when it doesn't seem like it will fit (this usually involves a hammer but I didn't have one in the airport men's room because TSA doesn't allow that in carry-ons).

Kudos to you for not disappointing your Domme though.

Thank you... I will only say "no" or "I can't" when I REALLY can't so I had to try. The worst part for me wasn't the "no lube" part, it was having to do so in such a public place (I was really cognizant of the cracks between the stall door that someone could look through at the right angle as well as the fact that the door didn't go all the way to the ground). Combine that with having no ability to make a sound while doing it made the whole process completely humiliating and thrilling at the same time.

The worst time was actually in the airplane bathroom after the last re-charge while dealing with turbulence, especially with the nice looking stewardesses on the other side of the door knocking to tell me that I needed to return to my seat in the middle of the process (at least that time I did have lube). I was like "sort of in the middle of something here" since my underwear and shorts were around my ankles at the time and the plug was only partially inserted when I heard the knock and comment.

I have never had Mine in use for that long (and it's always been covered by a condom) so I've not had an issue with smell.

Usually I also use a condom with anal toys but I actually didn't have one with me as I expected that IF she wanted to play with it, it would happen when we got together (and she always has some). However, she was so excited by the prospect of being able to mess with me even when she wasn't there that she ordered me to do it in the airport about an hour before she picked me up.

However, I have had smells penetrate anal toys after longer usage (usually 6-8 hours) and I know I made it worse in this case because I removed the device to recharge it and because I was on the plane, I had to stick it into a plastic bag for a couple of hours (which you should never do with an anal toy right after use since the bag doesn't breathe and it will bring smells out).

Reading about the smell and silicone issue online (not specific to the Hush) there were posts about smell being an issue in some cases for other silicone toys even protected by a condom as well. It seems that Silicone is actually much more absorbent from a "gas" than liquid perspective so smells penetrating are not that unusual even in medical grade silicone (I found suggestions for removing the smell from silicone based baby bottles and medical devices as well as sex toys).

Suggestions for smell removal included vinegar/water at a 1:3 ratio as well as the use of both coconut and peppermint oils (this is not good as lube with latex condoms because they will degrade them...but are no danger to the silicone itself), a 10% bleach solution, baking soda/water combination, boiling the toy (not an issue with silicone but probably not a good idea with the Hush because of the electronics) and even wrapping a dryer sheet around the toy and leaving it out in a sunny spot for a day or so (this is one I am currently doing).

The point being that if one smell can penetrate that way then others can as well so think of it like Febreze for toys. I also sent this list of suggestions to Lovense asking what they specifically recommend since it is not in their user guide or FAQ and I don't want to damage it because it is so amazing a concept and device. I will update when I get a response from them (and my own work to remove the smell is successful).

I have only used it long distance once and didn't have any connectivity issues, but I have read other reviews where this was a complaint.

Its a problem with all bluetooth devices but it is about both ends of the connection. My phone that has the app on it sucks, so I am 90% sure it is on my end rather than... what is in my end. I had no problems when I kept the phone in my pocket (or next to me), however. It was really when I tried to use the phone for other things and brought it to chest level or higher that I lost the connection and had to re-establish through the app.

Just something for people to keep in mind. If you are having problems with your phone and headsets or the bluetooth in your car, chances are that you will have problems with the bluetooth connection with the device.