I recently had an amazing session that made me think of this topic but just haven't had time to post it until now. Although I am very much a switch, that is not something that most Dommes see because when I choose to kneel I am very submissive. That translates into a focus on being disciplined during play and doing my best to not resist anything that the Domme wishes to do (unless it is over a limit of course).

However, in this session, the Domme decided that she wanted to torture me with taking me to the edge of orgasm and then requiring that I say "mercy" rather than being forced to cum. I hate begging or having to ask for mercy because I consider it failure to be disciplined enough to take whatever she is doing and topping from the bottom to a certain extent. In this case something very interesting happened and instead of what I normally do (which is to totally give into what the Domme wishes) I focused on completely resisting all of the pleasure she was driving into me so I wouldn't have to say "mercy".

This led to an epic battle between the two of us where I was no longer my normal good subbie self but instead was a completely resistant brat sub, albeit one without the commentary and taunting (yea... I know... but I swear I am different in session and we all know that self-delusion isn't just a river in Egypt). Although I couldn't actually "resist" anything she was doing since my arms were bound and I was in a sex swing with my legs spread wide open with ankles cuffed to the chains holding up the swing, I still fought against having to say "mercy" as soon as she gave me the instruction.

Our eyes locked a lot and I know that she knew I was doing this by the look in my eyes as well as my groans and grunts when I would bear down. It definitely became a battle of wills while I was in the swing, with her using all kinds of tricks to torture me with pleasure to get me to fail and say the word. However, unlike with pain, where I have no problem using a safe word when it becomes too much there was no way I was going to say it. I was either going to win or completely and spectacularly going to fail.

This isn't the first time I have been put in that position (well, figuratively speaking... it was literally the first time I have been put in that physical position and it helped make it the toughest "battle" that I have ever had). I am sure my attitude of resistance comes from having actually had challenges from Dommes in this way before, although those were all based on conversations that led to the "orgasm battle". These are battles that I always love and have never failed at (although, now that I say it, I think I am the biggest dumbass in the world for believing that not having an orgasm is considered a victory) but they are the only time I can think of within sessions that my attitude goes from "Yes Mistress" to "Fuck you, you will not defeat me".

My question to the subs on the board is whether you have ever had this type of battle of wills that had you adopting a resistant attitude and if so, what type of play brings it on for you? How has the Domme reacted when you did resist?

For the Dommes, how do you react to it when a sub changes from just taking what you are doing to obviously resisting it in some way? Do you enjoy this battle of wills and does it drive something in you or do you get genuinely upset? Afterwards, does the overcoming or failure to overcome the sub's resistance effect your overall enjoyment of the session?