Originally Posted By AspX
I think it depends upon how well the identity is protected; whether small parts of the story are changed to protect the "innocent"; and what the legitimate expectation of the sub was when they agreed to the session.

I agree. If the sub is identifiable to anyone but possibly himself, then it's inappropriate. In My opinion, any story can be significantly changed to make even the sub that was part of it question if it is him that is being discussed. If the purpose of the book is to entertain or educate, no one needs to be compromised.

Unfortunately what sells books is often scandal or tell-alls that at least hint that the players will be identifiable. That is why they are written by Dommes that have left the scene. I think that is wrong and offensive to those of us that are not just "tourists" in the scene.

When you say "what the legitimate expectation of the sub was when they agreed to the session", I think it's safe to say no one expects their session with a Domme to ever be made public. That's one of the reasons I still have an issue with all of this, and that might be what wolf is getting at in his comment.

Originally Posted By AspX
In all honesty, I would love to read that book if you wrote it because I believe you have both the knowledge and integrity to do it in exactly the right way.

Thank you, asp. I totally agree with the statement you made about the intentions of the author. One of the best books I've read by a ProDomme was The Art of Sensual Female Dominance by Claudia Varin. It is written as an educational book and she uses anecdotal stories to teach and entertain. It's brilliant. Instead of being a dry text, it's a page turner that has you laughing, turned on and just about every other emotion. I recommend it frequently to the female half of couples that I see. It was written quite some time ago, so I can't attest to how well she obscured identities, but I have never heard anyone speak ill of her or the book. She has written several since, but I haven't read those.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn