Most of my sessions are scheduled a week or more in advance, mainly because my subs know if they want a specific day/time, they will need to plan in advance. Short notice requests are often turned away because of conflicts. Of the many (well over a thousand I would guess) of sessions I have scheduled, I have had something similar to what you described (where it was clearly my mistake) happen exactly twice. In one case I gave the sub the incorrect time to place his confirmation call (a typo) and when the call didn't come in, I assumed he had stood me up. I went on to other things just to see a series of voicemails from him later in the day. Tracing it back via email I saw it was my mistake. To make things worse, it was his first time to see a Mistress. I apologized and offered to give him a longer session to make up for it. We ended up forging a great D/s relationship primarily because of how I handled that situation. The other problem was while I was traveling. Travel schedules and communication can get very frenetic and I have learned to pay especially close attention to scheduling. I had put the sub in my calendar for the wrong day and he caught the error in an email exchange prior to my arrival. The time he had originally requested had been given to someone else by then. Fortunately we were able to find another time while I was there that worked, but it was an important lesson for me. Both instances resulted in my making a change in policy/communication. I consider myself to be very thorough and very reliable in all things business, but mistakes do happen. The fact that it has happened to you 3 times is unusual, I would think - but maybe not. I am curious what others have to say.

Like you, I prefer email communication, so both parties can review it in case there is a question. I don't do phone scheduling because the margin for error is too great on both sides. My process is to send out an email a few days prior with pre-session instructions. This includes a specific time to place the confirmation call on the day of the appointment and it restates the day/time of the appointment.

In reality it is usually more difficult for a sub to arrange his schedule to see us, than the other way around and I am sure that their build up an resulting disappointment is greater, so I try to be extra diligent when it comes to scheduling and communication.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn