Originally Posted By The Thomas
If it were the mistresses who were complaining about describing activities I might guess it was because of the legal grey area pro domination occupies. But below you say it is mostly the subs. This mystifies me. You would think the memoirs would make good wank fodder, n'est ce-pas?

I could be wrong about it mainly being the subs. Most of the negative comments I have seen have been at the end of an article (in the comments section) about said books, not things I have seen on forums like this one. When I have seen Dommes complain, it's usually because the author hasn't been in the scene long enough to be taken seriously and they think it's a bit cheeky to write a tell all on something you were basicly a tourist in. I would like to get to the bottom of this though, which was one of the reasons I wanted to start this discussion.

Originally Posted By The Thomas
Now one possibility is the memoirs spell out sub misbehavior. The gropers. The guys who demand "happy endings". The guys who constantly try to get you to take your top off. The guys who try to extend the session time without paying extra. The guys who demand same day sessions. Yeah those guys. They might feel guilty reading about how the Dommes despise their antics.

You might be spot on with this. My guess is that subs are afraid they might see what Mistresses really think about them or that their kink will be portrayed in a negative light or in some other way they will be made to feel bad or marginalized. There is some credence to this. In addition to the creepers you refer to, there is the fact that the most interesting stories usually contain something that went awry. Sometimes it's the Domme's foul up, sometimes it's the sub's. As way of an example I will tell this story:

I will shorten this for brevity's sake. I had a sissy session scheduled with a regular sub and he called me prior to the session and informed me that he had managed to get a dildo stuck inside him. He was wondering if I would meet him at the dungeon to "just pop it out". I couldn't come right away but I did agree to meet him early to see what I could do. After about 30 minutes of trying to get the thing out, blood started dripping on the floor and I told him I would try one last thing and if that didn't work he would have to go to the emergency room. I was sweating bullets and he had lost all joviality. This was serious, stressful business and I was starting to take on quite a liability even having him in the dungeon at this point. I started having visions of him bleeding out on the floor . . . maybe a bit dramatic, but you had to be there.

Thankfully my last ditch effort worked and what proceeded to emerge from his ass was a 14 inch pink dildo that was still vibrating. We had a laugh, he recuperated and actually wanted to continue with the session. That part of the story he probably wouldn't mind reading about. What he would not want to read would be where I tell what an unappreciative cheapskate he was. He did not offer to compensate me in any way after the session. I wrote it off to just being shook up and felt sure he would offer something once he was in his "right mind" again. A couple of days a later I got a flippant email saying he was glad everything worked out. WTF? I saved him from the embarrassment of an emergency room visit, god knows how much money if he didn't want his wife to know by opting to pay cash instead of going through insurance, etc, etc. I didn't stick that dildo up his ass. He did that. I fixed it and all I get is a "thanks a lot"? I eventually called him to task on it and we didn't see each other for about a year. In time he made amends and we are fine now - but . . . Dungeon tales don't always portray the sub in the best light and that would be my guess why subs might have an issue with this type of book. BTW, I probably wouldn't include that last part in a story that was supposed to be amusing, but I think it does showcase a sub's reticence about this kind of book being published.

I choose this story to tell because the sub knows I continue to tell it as part of his ongoing penance. He can sue me if he doesn't like reading it here ;-)

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn