Part of my own screening process is to find a Mistress who is comfortable with a deposit. (Not all are, as it turns out.) This is because of the amount of pre-communication necessary to set up a good NC scene. Faux Dommes on backpage, eg, Yuri who posts in NYC, NY, Philly and elsewhere, ask for a deposit straight away.

They give a kind of one-stop-shopping vibe that is a red flag. Mistresses don't do everything imaginable. And they don't love everything imaginable. You will find that there are no wires to trip with these Mistresses. I'd like to do a session. Ok. It will involve bondage. Ok. I'll be dressed as a possum. Ok. You will too. Ok. There will be a sex change involved. Ok. But then it changes back later. Ok. Then we kill some people, bystanders mostly. Ok. We'll have to store their heads at your place. My mom is fussy. Ok. Pretty much everything is Ok as long as there's a deposit.

If you've never heard of them, can't find any info about them (google, fetlife, etc), and there is no information (including phone) to augment a few hot pics on BP and a request of upfront money, then I walk away.