I only session when I travel, so I know, usually a few weeks in advance where I'll be and whether I'll have some play time. I might start a dialog with a mistress a few weeks in advance, but knowing how their schedules tend to change, I usually wait until a week before I'd like to schedule a visit and suggest a date and time. I'm always specific, like I'll say "This coming Thursday, October 29" and we agree on the date and time. I always try to confirm the day before by e-mail.

Thice now in my spanko career, tomorrow never came. Once I was at her apartment building door, calling to get let in, and no answer. You might remember my story about that one on Max Fisch. Another time, a different mistress, I called the afternoon we were supposed to get together. Voice mail, no returned call. No response to my "what happened?" e-mail until a couple of days later - she thought I was coming the next day and wasn't in town that day.

I have a couple of NYC reliable favorites, but thought I'd try someone different this trip. We exchanged several e-mails in the past week, and (as she requested) called her the morning of our session. Well, I got to her door, called to get let in, and got voice mail. OK, she's on the phone. I left her a message and tried again about 5 minutes later. More voice mail. A few minutes later, she returned my call. "It's Thursday. I thought you were coming on Friday."

She apologized, and fortunately we were able to re-schedule for today (Friday). When I got back to the hotel, I went back to my e-mails I had sent her, and the date was very clear.

None of these seemed like they might be flakes or fakes, but I just wonder if scheduling more than a day or two in advance is just not a good policy.

Thoughts?