I understand and I'm sorry for the confusion to everybody here as I definitely became mixed up with so many things going on in the thread.

I wouldn't have personally said something to the mistress I would have just avoided having her back in the future and telling her that the event was filled up. It usually is anyway.

It's beyond kind of you as a human being to Let It Go because you don't want to hurt her career. On one hand I'm happy you were not scammed but on the other hand I'm just beyond sorry that this even happened to you. A huge deposit like that is not some kind of oversight.

I will say that unfortunately even well-known well-connected people with beautiful websites all the right photos and all of the many years of experience can still turn out to be people who end up taking your money and that's something that makes me feel really bad.

Occasionally people exist for decades in this industry who have a lot of issues hidden under those beautiful photos. Even on our side of things we are fooled by that and we ask people to work events we team up with people who we think are fabulous people in the industry and we slowly or quickly learn that they are kind of not great. Sometimes it's a bipolar thing and they are off medication. So it's something that doesn't come out all the time where they can actually have a career that lasts a while and you would never experience it but then someone does and then a few people do but then there's 100 more appointments that go perfect after that....

I will say that I do try my best to associate myself with upstanding professional people and usually if someone starts slowly showing me a different side to them I will slowly distance myself from working with them and associating with them.