Well said. It is a poor reflection on the industry when a well known dom does something this. At that point, even doing one's homework didn't help. A long time client and close friend of mine booked an extended session with a highly thought of dom, who I always knew to be a cool person. Never in 100 years would have thought that she'd cancel the session and keep his $600. deposit. She had good reason to cancel but $600? I never invited her to shoot with ClubDom again. It did have a silver lining though. Between my being retired and my former client's first time booking with someone else, he started dating women who were interested in kink. It took a few years but he has a long time live in girlfriend who adores him and enjoys most of the aspects of fetish that he does. They are both tremendously happy. It doesn't replace an actual session but, in other ways, it is better for him.

This being said, it is extremely rare an established and respected dom would keep a deposit. But, it does happy. She lost a great client over it. He would have been a frequent and reliable who isn't on a budget....over scamming him out of $600.