I hate that you were not treated properly when you went through the protocol most of us who value our subs and slaves put in place to not be scammed only to end up being scammed. As other wonderful ladies have posted, most of us who are reputable, would not ruin our reputations over a deposit.

As for the scenario you gave, everyone is different HOWEVER, Dommes of a high caliber will not re-scehdule appointments in order to go "hang out" when sessions have been booked in advance. Many of us actually respect our clients, subs, and slaves. In my experience, one of the key determining factors of a good session is to build trust and rapport, two things that only come from actually being about one's word and creating an experience where you do not have to question My integrity so that you show up to My session, trust in hand, knees ready to kneel, and mind ready to serve.

As for your expenses, sometimes we face these from our side when people do the same thing that was done to you unfortunately and I understand, it sucks. All in all, do your research and don't let this experience hamper future ones, check deposit terms before booking and communicate with the Domme you want to session with.

Don't lose sight of the forest over one tree.