As someone from a smaller city I think it would be the last minute cancelation that would bother me the most. From the post it seems like it was unexplained as well. I get that life happens but I wonder if Dommes understand how disappointing something like this can be for the client. At the very least the client was owed an explanation.

I only get to session with established Dommes with a dedicated, well equipped dungeons when I travel. Sometimes I'm making a special trip or adding onto a trip specifically to see a Domme. Seeing as today's scene requires far more advanced planning rebooking with another Domme is often impossible at short notice. 30-40 years ago bookings were by phone and you could often get a booking sameday or within 24 hours but not today. Email exchanges alone often take days.

While I agree that it is highly unlikely this Domme deliberately decided to steal $50 she certainly ruined what I expect were much anticipated plans. I know if it happened to me I'd be like a 5 year old who got told on Dec 24 that Christmas was cancelled frown

I see the actual bad behaviour here as not expressing regret and giving an explanation and in not returning the deposit as soon as the client declined the alternate date. To just stop responding is very poor manners and very unprofessional.