Originally Posted By KYboy
Are Mistresses still interested in building slave stables. ... Has the concept gone out of vogue? Are Dommes not interested in creating slaves anymore?

I personally never really connected with the idea of a "stable". I like horses but don't think of my clients like little horses I collect. I prefer something more like "devotees". But even that makes me twitch.

That said, nearly every single person who has called themselves a "slave" or said they want slave training is, in fact, not that and not interested in that. What they are interested in is the *fantasy* of those things, which is very different than what we consider a "slave" in BDSM culture. As a result, I don't attempt to cultivate a
"stable". I just give people some leeway to call themselves slave because it's hot for them. And me, too. And if I actually wait to use the term for a genuine slave I'll be waiting a very, very long time.

I train my submissives to be better at submitting. Because even that is something your average client is not especially good at and confused by, forget something even more heavy like "slavery".

The truth is that genuine M/s doesn't actually translate well in a professional context. You must transcend the psychology of provider/client in order for it to be successful.