KBB
My list of mistakes is long....but making assumptions is a mistake I make too often.

In my world, I feel like I'm a reliable and trustworthy person.

But in a Dominatrix's world, I'm an unknown.

One of the mistakes I've made is expecting to be reacted to in a Dom's world the same way Im reacted to in my world.

I recently "jumped thru so many damn hoops" to see this well know Dominatrix. Phone calls, emails, ID, negotiations and secret handshakes(ok, the secret handshake was an exaggeration). But she clearly suffered no fools and wasn't buying my BS. Maybe she had her reasons for her attention to detail.

But in my world "she was becoming a pain in the ass". Why couldn't she just "do it my way"?

In her world (of which I know so little) it's clear to me now that I was the pain in the ass and that she was just protecting herself....and me.

Upon my arrival, I discovered there was method to her madness. She had taken note of everything I said.....she was totally professional, prepared and awesome. I never had a better session!

So my mistake is trying to bring my world with me, when for a couple of hours at least, I want to be their world.

My wife tells me....." let it go".

The Driver