Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn

I have had subs complain that many Dommes can't or won't stay in character for the entire role play session. They will start with the premise suggested/requested by the sub, but eventually lapse into their normal persona. That would irritate Me if I were the client. I take a certain amount of pride in My roleplays and put effort into the back story, costume, props, setting, etc. - so when a sub continues to fall out of character, I find it irritating. Especially since he is the one that suggested it.

Maybe these subs are inexperienced in role plays. Maybe they thought it's what they wanted but it just wasn't their thing in the end.

I don't know that it's specifically that the sub is inexperienced with role play, it may be that he's simply inexperienced with the BDSM experience and what it means to have a professional session. You have to be really submissive in order to be a slave for an hour or two, and I just don't believe that there are many who either really are like that or can play that role for the length of a theater play.

I can play a misbehaving or underperforming or irresponsible employee being punished with a spanking, for half an hour, But after that, there just isn't any more to say that I care to listen to. This is why I only visit professionals who are willing to book a half-hour for a single activity session. I consider myself fortunate that I've found a few who will accommodate me. Not everyone will - I have my theory about that, but you won't like it so I won't bring it up here.

I've asked several times what can make a spanking session last an hour, and I get answers like lectures, standing in the corner, multiple positions and implements with frequent breaks, but that doesn't interest me. I can see the same sort of thing with a "generic sub" who wants "to be dominated" - a little bondage, a little whipping, a little spanking, some more bondage, kiss your feet, goodbye. How can anyone tie all of those things together for a significant amount of time? What would the role be?

Do people come to you asking for specific roles? Or do they come to you asking for "a session" and you, perhaps after an exchange or two, suggest roles? Likely some of each, I suppose. What works for you? If I told you I was your employee and I wanted to be punished with a spanking for something I had done at work, how would you fill an hour?