Originally Posted By Domina M
I agree, but I also wonder if some Dommes want to fade into obscurity.

I agree Domina M, and it is far more difficult to fade away than ever before. In the early 2000s, with social media and websites in their relative infancy, it was easier to disappear. People change, relationships change, etc., etc.

A decade ago I tried to find some of the Mistresses I served, but lost track of, in NYC from the late '90s to early '00s. I found three, at least two on Fetlife. One was still active and I saw her two, three more times. She's out of the biz now. Another said played "when I'm in the mood" as she put it, but left the city and seemed to be looking for a lifestyle arrangement in her home state. A third had an old listing on Fetlife and by dumb luck saw my message. She was still interested, but it was strictly under the radar since she had a new career.

Another Mistress I knew on the East Side who sessioned out of her luxury studio apartment from the mid 1990s until around 2002 or so. She was special, traditional Domina, and very classy. She advertised once in print with a picture and online. B&W picture with gigantic sunglasses. Mostly she was in the then classified section of New York magazine, when it took personal or BDSM ads. No pics.

I called for a session, we set up a time for the next day and she mentioned she had some news. She had some rare sherry waiting for me - I never drank with her during sessions - and the Mistress explained she was leaving the city to go out of state and care for her aging father. We toasted each other and had a session. At the end we kissed each other on the cheek and she gave me a great hug, saying goodbye. I made sure I threw away her number. The Mistress was able to fade away, never saw an ad for her again. Wherever she is I hope she's alive, well and happy.