If it were up to me, trolls from MF with the stated intention to bring harm to the site would not be permitted to run amok. They would be warned privately, suspended if it persisted and eventually banned if it came to it. Allowing this type of behavior the last go around chased off so many posters that I don't know if a political section would would be worth a round two. But, it was off to a great start with civil and interesting exchanges of all opinions until the MF troll twins started up. I was not free to moderate so it went to hell with even me giving up and feeling as if it wasn't fair to rest of the forum to have such a train wreck here.

It could be attempted again, with proper moderation. If someone doesn't want to join in, they can simply ignore it. I do think it is good for a spill over. Recently there was a conversation on trans doms that, just as one example, turned political in the lobby. Some topics are bound to. Than admin will come to a decision that he feels is right for this forum. DomSpeak.com still needs some tweaking, but it is functioning and has a political section. The only rule there is be reasonably civil. So far, everyone has been great. It doesn't take much not to be a jerk to other posters. There will be some sparring. On MF, Ted and I were always picking on each other. But, were quite friendly privately. He's actually popped up on DomSpeak. Any forum will get some sparring and lively debate. Malicious trolling is what will wreck a forum.

My two cents anyway.