I remember Wolf but he did not leave a big impression. I remember nomasks here better than I remembered him. I would have liked to do a little more research before answering, it does not look like this is possible so I will go with what I have.

If my memory of Wolf is correct I think he was the kind who would rather go for a half hour session in a domination house rather than being an international traveler or a jet setter. Again maybe I am confusing him.

So I doubt that he travelled to UK and got to know the English mistress personally. When somebody is obnoxious it is easy to imagine him or her being more powerful than he really is, and I think this might have happened to your English friend.

Imagine how difficult it is to find the real life identity of somebody you meet on a forum, and then find out where she works and figure out to whom to send information about her.

You would need a technical accomplice in the forum to get the IP, and an unscrupulous friend in the police to tie it to the person. If you compound this to doing that for a foreign country the difficulty increases exponentially.

I knew an American mistress who had the same kind of unhappy experience as your friend. She also suspected a BDSM acquaintance she had disagreements with. Btw he was worse than Wolf. Eventually she found out that it was her boyfriend who did it.

If you come to think of it somebody from your vanilla life just has much easier access to the information needed for doxxing. In any case somebody you meet in real life not on the internet.