This topic came up on MF some years ago and was discussed extensively with quite a few Dommes giving their viewpoints. Certainly many Dommes who do extended sessions felt any sub applying should have sessioned with them before. Others felt that with sufficient consultation and perhaps a facetime call (with tribute of course) it could be successfully done without having previously played together. They also felt the sub needed to have had a certain amount of previous experience an to have been active online.

I think the latter is possible but for me it would need to be an established Domme with an extensive online presence. Not just a website and videos but blogging, active on discussion forums, interviews etc. Things that would allow you to get a sense of her personality and play style.

In a perfect world it would be preferable to do something like this with a Domme you know and have played with before but with travel distances and logistics this isn't always practical. I think that sometimes you have to do as much due diligence as you can and then take the plunge.

Travelling to somewhere like Warsaw Prison or going to see a famous Domme like Mistress Servalan of Sydney, Australia come to mind as examples of this.