Oh goody an opportunity to bring up the topic of phases without starting a new thread.

There are some subs who seem to sing a song whose refrain is "same as it ever was"

I am not one of those

I am going to limit this discussion to my last 6 phases

1992-mid 1995: after a multiyear interregnum I resumed doing sessions These all had a strong component of spanking but had some other elements including quite a bit of roleplay (but I was never one of those lengthy detailed script guys) I was very much into phonesex in this period which was all BDSM related but as the top 1/3 of the time

mid 1995-mid 1998: a period during which my interested in all aspects of BDSM reached a minimum and I again stopped doing sessions (and there was much less phonesex) Developed a very vanilla interest in strip clubs

mid 1998-mid 2006: A period during I did a lot of topping. With only a few rare exceptions this was bare hand on bare behind spanking. Most of it with strippers (some of whom liked to switch)

mid 2006-early 2009: My topside waned greatly as did my interest in strip clubs This was a period wherein I tried a lot of new things (e.g. hot wax) in sessions that had considerably less spanking than in my earlier phases Did less roleplay

early 2009-mid 2011: I call this the "Back to Basics" period wherein most of my sessions were pure spanking This was all as the bottom/sub

mid 2011 up until present Started switching again but only a little Some of my my sub sessions are still pure spanking but others are highly variegated.