I’ve been sessioning a lot lately and was just thinking about what I would call “best practices “ from a sub’s pov. Just my thoughts on what has worked for me, actual results may vary ????

-Engage. It is amazing how much you can engage with and learn about a Domme prior to scheduling. My first session 20 something years ago, you picked an ad, called and hoped. Now reading her Twitter feed, joining her OF/LF, chatting or texting on SP/NF. I’ve found it’s been so helpful to find good matches with me this way.

-Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder, lol. Just my pov but I’ve found over the years I’d reach out to book when “worked up” and then day of session have cold feet. Going into the session in the same frame of mind as when I booked has helped immensely. It’s also led to some wonderful session moments - I did a double session recently after 3 weeks of abstaining and the 2 Dommes couldn’t stop gigggling and teasing me about it. Made the session amazing.

-Network. This seems so obvious, but took me years to learn. I’ve met great Dommes by asking Dommes I know if they know anyone in the city I’m traveling to, recently I just asked who the other Domme was in a picture they shared and next thing I knew I had a session booked with her! You’re not a time waster if you are: regularly sessioning with her, engaging on paid channels, sending gifts/tributes for references/referrals. I was always so afraid of over communicating I wasn’t using my network effectively

-Write your application like it’s the first time. A couple years ago a Domme gave me feedback that my session application was so vague it was useless. It dawned on me that as I got more seasoned, I got lazy, I made assumptions and didn’t share everything like I did when I was new to it. I feel like by going back to sharing more, my sessions have improved.

Curious if others have any tips/tricks. Dommes or subs.