The “Word for Dominatrix before 1971?” thread and the Wikipedia link Mistress Cheyenne posted to it and Mistress Tissa’s new listing site, BDSMProfessionals.com, got me thinking. What are the qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? I don’t mean what their specialties are, their wardrobes or equipment. And for the sake of this discussion, this is about traditional Mistresses, not women who dabble in fetish from time to time.

Here are a few of mine, in no specific order, and I’d love to hear more:
Imagination (in all its many forms);
Beauty (“in the eye of the beholder” of course);
Seductiveness (similar to Beauty);
Passion (for the work and the scene);
Entrepreneurship (a must-have years ago, and even more today);
And Empathy (the ability to understand your clients, knowing how and when to push their buttons, when not to and being flexible to new ideas.)

In other words, a fine actress and performer, almost a therapist who has a feel for their clients, and shrewd business owner, and likely a few other qualities. The best Mistresses I have ever served were like matadors, or performing a Dominantrix version of “the dance of the seven veils,” seducing me with their beauty and using my lust against me. Many taken the “beast” part of my character (hence my screen name here) and used it against me to humiliate myself with activities I never thought I would perform, much less enjoy, for the Mistresses’ entertainment. I hope I am articulating this properly, because I mean all of it as high compliments to the Mistresses I have served over the years.