Originally Posted By Mistress UV
back when-- pretty sure her name was Stormy--- owned it and you could actually talk to a real person.

I remember when we could talk to a real person! And that person wasn't working with the government behind the scenes. Boy, those were the days. laugh

Quote:
The problem with social media and twitter is that

1. We are constantly deleted, or copied by scammers
2. Most guys are so afraid to create an account their wife will find or not tech savvy enough to understand how to use it
3. Shadow and search bans make it extremely difficult to find us.

I think you confused me with someone else, or are just including your thoughts about social media in this reply to me.

I don't suggest social media as an option. Why? For reasons you mention: they continually -- and I mean CONTINUALLY -- censor and kick us off. I mean, how many times do some adult entertainers have to get their entire accounts deleted for them to start over only to have it happen again?? They're probably laughing hysterically at us. "Look at these stupid little whores. We kick them down and they just come back for more abuse." It's madness. Go somewhere else!

After Twitter intentionally misinterpreted my actions so they could boot me I gave up on social media. That was an 8-year-old account with about 10,000 followers. I had the same happen with my 8-year-old Facebook account. A total of 16 years gone like that. So, I don't play in their power arenas anymore.

Quote:
And as far as websites, it seems google has been running some tests blocking any adult sites from top search results, but so far that is a through-the-grapevine twitter rumor I've heard.

I have not seen this. Just made sure that your results aren't filtering out adult content. That may be the default option. Because, you know, kids.

Quote:
I'm not sure why Dickie Virgin doesn't really get the attention it needs.[.quote]

I'm in the process of working with them on some things. This should help DV with some of the attitudes people seem to have about it.

[quote]I've been an advertiser with them since 2012 and even have an interview on it. My main guess is something to do with search results. Seems to be more popular outside the US.

Actually, Dickie Virgin is highly ranked in search engines. If you go to Google, for example, and do searches for things like "Dominatrix" and a major city, it's almost always in the top 10 results, usually in the top 3.

If you're basing your opinion on your web statistics, which don't show traffic from the sites, it's likely because the HTML code that allows a browser to pass tracking info had changed. You now need to add some special code to a link. I, too, though that I wasn't getting any traffic from DV and when I mentioned this to them, we added an updated info to my links and holy cow I saw how much traffic I was actually getting. So, ask them to do the same for your links if this is also your litmus for how effective your ads are.

Quote:
I've even heard of Dommes using Reddit!

I heard of this, too. I've also heard people getting suspended, so, like with Facebook and Twitter, I just don't want to invest any time into a space where I might be removed again.

Quote:
I agree with you about the LE aspect of Eros. That was the conclusion I came to and My only theory on why they'd drop us.
I personally am glad that I don't have to deal with eros anymore because it was such a pain in the ass, and I was very nervous about flying internationally because of their LE connections.

We really don't need them, and the headache they cause us. Good riddance, I say!

Quote:
However, I can say from My experience I got about 60 % of My clients from there, and way more than that when I tour.

I know a lot of Dommes get the majority of their clients from there. I wouldn't worry too much. If you have a website, decent SEO, and visibility elsewhere, they will find you. They WANT to find you.

Quote:
Not only that, most of the Dommes who rent My Dungeon use eros.
The consequences of this are a little intimidating but I know that eventually something else will pop up. We all panicked when back page went down, and those with websites stayed afloat.

I'd just tell them to all make sites. Or, if you haven't already, have a page for them on your dungeon site. Work on the keywords and wait for indexing to catch on.

Quote:
I'm always for going back to print magazines!

I love that idea. I thought about starting a pro Domme zine. Like we used to do in the early 90s. How we shared subcultural info before the internet. It was so exciting to get them in the mail.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (12/02/23 05:40 AM)