Had the opportunity to attend Fetcon in Tampa about a month ago. Thought I’d share a few thoughts here:

-Overall an amazing experience. It was kind of like leaving reality for a few days. Great environment to embrace your kink/fetishes and have zero concerns. I found it very relaxing/therapeutic

-I attended with a Domme I’ve known for a few years. That really helped me get over any awkwardness. Being introduced as “her sub” to other Dommes and subs there really helped break the ice and make me feel like I “belonged “.

-There were a lot of opportunities for public play. Since the hotel was only for convention attendees it made it very comfortable. In particular I really enjoyed when a Domme I had sessioned with kicked me in the balls in front of a full bar and the bartender commented to her on how awesome it was

-I was suprised I enjoyed the service side of it so much. I’ve never considered myself a service sub but I found running to get Dommes drinks, carrying the Domme I was with stuff around, etc to be very rewarding. I think just having a job to do calmed the nerves

-Was super easy to set sessions up in advance. Having a few sessions scheduled throughout the con was really fun.

-Also cool to get to meet some Dommes I knew of but hadn’t met before. Everyone I approached seemed appreciative and very open to chatting.

-It was super fun to just sit back and soak it all in. The parties in particular but even just the convention space during the day. Best people watching ever!

-I found staying at a hotel walkable to the con, but not at the con perfect. I could remove myself from the craziness if I wanted but it was super close whenever I wanted to renter it

-My only negative, I wish folks were more respectful of not taking pictures. They had it posted everywhere and repeatedly announced it, but it seemed like everyone had a cellphone out recording or snapping pics.

Anyway, first time ever doing anything like this despite having sessioned regularly for the last ~20 years. Just thought I’d share my experiences. Hoping to go back next year and maybe try some other Cons as well!!