I'm going to be honest: I don't direct a lot of my energy into forums at this point. I've been burned badly twice now by sites that I have no real control over. I spent 8 years building a Facebook account and was locked out and then I spent 8 years building a Twitter account and was suspended for something I didn't even do. That's A LOT of time spent working on building online community that I was just pulled from at the drop of a hat. So, now I'm really not interested in investing my time into anything unless it's totally under my control. For me that's my blog, which I've been maintaining for 8 years now. (Uh oh, it's at the 8 year mark -- I better make backups!). It just feels like a better investment of my time.

As much as I appreciate that this forum is here, the interface is really dated (circa 2000?), and I think that fewer people -- especially younger players -- will be interested in spending time here when they have more modern, dynamic spaces that are more visually appealing and allow for the easier addition of media like photos and video. I mean, I couldn't even get a YouTube video link to work here!

I have tried to start some conversations but find that few if anyone replies. So, I just go back to my blog.

Still, I check in and respond to things that interest me. Or to post something I think is worthwhile, like that there is a new BDSM club in Philadelphia (Events board).

I wish the better folx from Max would come over here, but I know people have sentimental attachment to that site, even if it is glitchy and unmoderated.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (03/20/23 02:40 PM)