Quote:
The outward impact to those around you is very different but the human motivation behind it is exactly the same in my opinion. That is self-interest, and therefore selfishness,...

Yes, I agree that we are all selfish from that point of view. But my kind of selfishness will resonate with everyone who vibrates at a higher frequency and the other type of selfishness (minimum cost, maximum profit, who cares about the lives of others, etc.) will only resonate with those who are less aware (less conscious) at this time in their spiritual evolution. But that's okay, everyone is at where they are at. And the "outward impact to those around you..." part really matters to ME, personally. Is that selfish? Yes. But ask anyone and I think they'll tell you that it's a more likeable, respectable, noble form of selfishness even if they don't actually practice the same in their own lives (but upon hearing of it, many, many will agree with the awesomeness of it and give praises -- who praises the typical capitalist? There is nothing special about their form of selfishness).

This is my own quote so naturally I love it:

"Noble humans are like diamonds. They are rare -- the rest are just rocks."

But that's fine in the absolute sense. Creation needs diamonds and regular rocks alike. But when given choice, who do you want to be? wink