This is not a reply... I am jumping into the middle of this discussion

Originally Posted By mark5Bnyc
Also, I have always researched dommes online, read through all their interests, and made sure they were well regarded before sessioning so I am sure that helps me.

I'm sure it does, but the one truly bad session experience I had was based on choosing a Domme after doing ALL of that (and this has nothing to do with Mistress Chloe, whom I have never had the good fortune to meet). Sometimes, you just don't click with a Domme when you session with them.

They may just communicate in a way that doesn't connect with you... They may be a service top when you really want a Domme, conversely they may be a Domme when what you really want a service top... They may truly enjoy things you don't and try to give you "their experience" of that particular play... They may not shut up the whole time, or may never really say a word, and that could really ruin the whole thing for you... They may just be having a bad day and they bring that energy into the session... and on and on with reasons that just don't show up in research.

Who knows the reason why something doesn't work, but there are definitely legendary and amazing Dommes that subs have had bad sessions with. Sometimes, it just happens no matter how much anticipation you have had and research you have done.