I'm an agnostic who doesn't care much for organized religion. The abuse in the Catholic church, which has been mostly covered up over the years, is egregious. Perhaps, that is why the priest wanted to defile the alter? Who knows. But, I won't argue flaws with the institution. I just believe it is wrong to go to someone else's place and not respect their views.

Some years back, there was the coolest little strip on the out skirts of Columbus, Ohio, that was home to great fetish shops, adult businesses and a few LGBT owned cafes. It was a clean and safe neighborhood that was out of the way from anyone not looking to be there. A group of churches went in and bought the adult theater. They set up head quarters. Then they began buying up leases and kicking the fetish shops out. Along the way, they harassed patrons of the existing establishments. There was zero respect for the what the alternative life style community held dear, on their own turf. Everyone should stay in their own lane and respect others.

As far as wearing a nazi uniform to a Jewish place of worship, I respect that you do not agree with me. But, I stand by my comment. What they did was equally repulsive, right down to the photos making making fun of the crucifixion. Again, if they did it in their own space, fine. But, in a church? Basic common courtesy isn't much to ask for, regardless of someone's position. The ladies involved certainly do not represent the BDSM scene as a whole. They represent only themselves.

I've been a vegetarian most of my life and do not smoke. I still cook meat for family and friends and have an ashtray outside and away from the house. But, I keep a certain area of my kitchen and butler pantry away from animal flesh. If someone was house sitting for me and invited people in to smoke in my home or put animal flesh in my vegan area, I'd be pissed as heck. I'd feel defiled and replace everything. And, that isn't even a spiritual belief. It is simply a belief that people should respect other's views when in their homes. Religious or not, we all have spaces and beliefs that are sacred to us.

I'm shocked and disgusted that they would have such a lack of respect in someone else's place. If they had apologized, it would have been one thing. People make mistakes. But, painting themselves as victims in the name of bdsm? They are shamefully out of touch.