Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
The camera alone that I shoot with costs almost $3000. The user manual is as thick as your arm. With that camera we use a stabilizer, different lenses and a variety of lighting options. . . . What you propose: a sub using a cheap camera (because those are the only ones he can possibly figure out how to use without formal training), poor or no lighting and we haven't even talked about sound yet - would turn out a product so poor that I wouldn't want to put My name on it.

It's amazing to Me how people think so little goes into filming a halfway quality clip.

It's great to hear from a relatively new-to-the-field BDSM video producer who cares about technical quality. I went through my video phase when Leda/Nu-West was the standard to beat for content, but the quality of the video, audio, and editing was dreadful. But in those days, $3,000 bought a couple of tape-based camcorders and a table lamp. And their earlier productions were shot on 8mm film and transferred to video with a camera pointed to a screen rather than a real film chain.

I suspect that there's still a market for the 5 minute one-take videos shot with a phone and put up on Clips4$ale for five bucks. Hopefully, there's also a market for a well shot and produced video as well. If I was still buying videos, that's what I'd go for.

Got any good OTK F/M spankings in your catalog yet?