Originally Posted By Nomasks
What do you think about JnJ no longer producing its vaccine? I thought all three were safe and effective.

And quietly, too. I don't think most people are aware that they stopped. Because if it doesn't get covered by your favorite media source, you won't hear about it -- unless you go look for yourself.

It's like Pfizer having had pulled selling their vaccine to India because India required an independent investigation of it. How many know about that? A population of like 1.4 billion, because they didn't want any independent testing? Isn't that interesting?

People are largely unaware of how medical treatments are developed. You don't just study for immediate reactions, you study for long-term. That's why they typically take 5 to 10 years; you need to monitor people and collect data. You need to study the potential range of effects on the body.

Getting around this is why "Emergency Use Authorization" (EUA) exists. And it's why one was issued for these treatments. They hadn't studied them long enough to get regular approval.

I hate to tell you this, people, but it means that when they tell you it's "safe"; it's conjecture. We don't have any data on how mRNA treatments effect us in the long run. This is a new technology with very limited use in people. Until this past year. Now we have millions and millions of people to watch and see what happens.

J&J said they pulled production to focus on other products. Given there have been multiple warnings about a greater risk of side effects from their treatment, blood clots and Guillain–Barré syndrome, for starters, you may wonder if that's the full truth.

I wouldn't be surprised if the others ended up pulling theirs. There are increasing reports of adverse events (AE) from people who have received them. Stay tuned.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (02/13/22 04:23 PM)