Experience and the exposure of all of the magazine features probably encouraged extended sessions back then. But, the shift in demographics from Ohio to Rhode Island was a factor. It was a completely different situation. In Columbus, Ohio, same day sessions were very important. My clients were attorneys and business men getting out of meetings early, with the occasional 4 hour sessions traveling from out of state. In Rhode Island, same day sessions were early non existent. A handful of my regular clients traveled from Ohio traveled in for 8 hour to 2 day sessions. But, most of it was clients who had an hour or two travel time. I guess that made it necessary to plan ahead. So....combination of both. As to what I preferred in the length of session, it really depended on who I was playing with. I loved the impromptu theater of same day clients in Ohio. I was jumping from a client who wanted to be a ballerina to some that wanted a paddling school teacher to a classical corporal punishment scenario. The next day maybe vampire role play at It was such a blast. The 8 hour plus sessions were awesome as well. It was just a different mindset. Some times a two day sessions would take me 4 days to get my head on straight, after having been so emerged in a deep emotional place. To someone who has done a lot of extended sessions, that will make sense. But, it was all fun.