In short, yes, sessions can be seasonal. Here is my experience.

In a recent thread on MF on Mistresses you could bring back one last time from retirement I mentioned Mistress Melora, now retired, who practiced out of her apartment on the East Side of Manhattan. I saw her several times a year from the mid-1990s until she retired in the early 2000s.

I always saw her on early or mid-weekend mornings, especially Thanksgiving weekend or on a Sunday in December, before Christmas and after all my shopping was done. My roleplay has been for years, "Me sub Tarzan, you Amazon Queen," and sessioning this time of year was more exhilarating, maybe true stress relief, since my "holiday duties" were completed. The sessions were presents to myself. That also happened once a year in winter for a few years. The night before, or a few hours before I would take the red-eye and leave a major convention I'd help sneak the Mistress into my room for a session. Again, stress relief and being minutes away from a Mistress I knew well.

In addition, with my particular roleplay / fetish the warm weather of spring until early fall gets me in the "jungle" mood, sometimes sessioning with little or no A/C on. I have taken chances with a couple of Mistresses I knew well where we took some chances and sessioned in public or quasi-public spaces. The hot weather got us in the right frame of mind. LOL!