Stumbled across this term this morning. Wasn’t something I had heard of before in regards to bdsm.

Short version, I saw it in a post on Reddit in a forum focused on sugar dating. The poster had come across a couple that was looking on SA for someone to live in and travel with them and practice “ high etiquette/high protocol”. TBH came across as a bit creepy

So after a bit of research (aka Googling) it sounds like “high protocol” is having a submissive that follows a set of strict set of pre arranged rules. Examples I saw were how to speak, opening doors, where to stand, etc

My questions. Is the above a correct interpretation of high protocol?,, is it a fairly common thing and is it normally 24/7? That seems like it would be intense. But admittedly I don’t know much about live in slaves. It also seemed odd that someone would be looking for this on a fairly vanilla site and seemed like it could have a lot of potential for abuse?

Anyway, just curious. I don’t come across much bdsm stuff on Reddit that I’m not familiar with and while I do try not to judge anyone’s kink, the screen shot the poster shared was definitely odd.