Hi Thomas. Thank you for the link, it was instructive. As you probably know I joined with the last wave of immigrants and I had doubts because I was sentimentally attached to MF. Many good memories.

It looks like Mistress Ayn had a pretty good feeling about the way things were working between waves.

My impression was that we were the second wave and that Domina was started on a first wave of immigration under similar conditions, and had a long low between the two waves.

I had doubts from the beginning about moderation and they have not been allayed. I have seen moderation mistakes as well as successes, to me it is a tradeoff and a mixed blessing. Would you rather live in a zoo or in a jungle? Each has its own risks.

My point though was different. I firmly believe that while we have free will and can make a difference we are largely a product of our circumstances. That goes for Domina and MF.

Personally I am glad that they both exist and I see them as sister sites. But the point I was making was that if Domina had as many members and as long a history as MF it would end pretty much looking like it.