JB,

This sucks and I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this. Personally, I hope this is just a blip rather than the end of such a long and seemingly wonderful relationship.

I actually went through something very similar a few years ago where a long-time Mistress (although not in comparison to yours) really treated me like crap on a weekend visit. Totally broke me emotionally in ways I can't explain. When I finally left her, I thought we were done forever and in some ways I was thankful (as you seem to be now).

However, the reality is that we are still going strong and our relationship has since deepened in ways that I never thought possible with her... Even when things were at their best. I'm not going to tell you some bs about how going through that helped, because it absolutely didn't and no good came from that weekend.

What really happened is that it was just a rough spot in our relationship and who knows how much of that was forces in her life that had nothing to do with me (I know at some point she had a major falling out with one of her personals so its possible that at that moment she was trying to protect herself by treating with me that way.. but that is unconfirmed speculation on my part). The key to our success was that I didn't overreact by throwing it overboard and things were different the next time she called on me to serve.

Smart people, as well as myself, will tell you that you should try to have a real conversation about how what she did made you feel. But, that is really advice for an equal relationship between two people rather than the types we tend to have as client subs. To be clear, I don't mean that in the D/s sense but more about how important a client sub, even a special one, tends to be to a Pro Domme's life from their point of view. This specifically translates into how much criticism of their treatment of you they are willing to take (as opposed to the conversation they might have with someone who is neither their client or sub).

You are the only one who truly knows if she would react negatively to you trying to have that discussion. I would also say that I would be hypocritical with that advice because I certainly didn't do that (I didn't think it would be well received & if I had tried to have that conversation I actually believe that would have ended it right there). Instead, I ignored it and gave it time... Then things got much much better in an organic way.

I hope you actually experience the same kind of renaissance in your relationship. Your willingness to let it end is probably a good way to let her sort out whatever is happening with her... my real advice is just don't reject her if/when she makes overtures for another meeting or let this experience taint the next one. This changes if she acts the same way next time and if she does then I would try to have that conversation right in that moment rather than days or weeks later.

Good luck and I feel for you right now...

Asp