Originally Posted By Tristan
Oh... I dunno... I got the impression from the Beauty books that pretty much every character in the book didn't really care about the gender of another other character. So everyone was pansexual? I guess? Not even sure what the label for it is. I suppose "DontCareSexual" gets the point across, but I don't think its in use.

Its similar to what I've read about people alive in the Roman Empire. No one seemed to care what gender anyone was - they were more interested in what they were doing to the other person, and what was happening to themselves.

Admittedly, the Beauty books were a little... unnerving? for me? at first? But somehow I put the D/s activities in a different category than sex or physical attraction and I ended up really enjoying the Beauty books. Especially the pony stuff in the second book.

I agree that Rice made all of the characters bisexual and then tried to flesh out all possible permutations. For anyone whose interest is strictly F/m these books will likely confuse and disappoint.

One of the women who recommended the books also thought the pony stuff was super hot. I merely found it OK.