Seeing a post about the old Hang prompted me to write this in case there are any long time friends of Pinocchio still around. I learned that he had passed late last year. Pinocchio, Philbal and I were unique in that we were able to establish a friendship outside of The Hang and the life many of us hide well. There we were, three of us in different parts of the country, yet we somehow came together at a restaurant in DesPlaines, near O'Hare Airport. There were two others, but one was obviously unstable and we quickly distanced ourselves. The other guy, Strnguy just dropped off the map and we never got to know him well.

Anyway, Pinocchio, Philbal would communicate on an infrequent basis mostly centered around sports and especially the football season. We'd text or talk a few times a year and be able to discuss the things you can't with even your best of friends. Well Pinocchio died suddenly and it has been difficult to find out why as it was kept very private. How can you say I'm a long time friend when you live 2,000 miles apart? So there's no real closure, but I tip my hat to a good friend who got me through some growth understanding just what the hell this all is and why it is so needed, so necessary as a part of my life. I still dabble though not as much as I used to. Seems I'm aging out of that time of my life.

So it's just Philbal and I and this newer board for some needed discussions/outlets from time to time. Goanna go over and paste this in The Hang in case there's still anyone reading the stuff and who knew Pinocchio. He did counsel many on the legalities and was a lawyer by trade.