Regardless of how great the domme is, nobody is perfect. We are all human. So that is why safe words are always important. However, while safe words can prevent serious bodily damage, they do inevitably cause one other kind of damage: giving the ultimate decision to stop to the slave. That is a turn-off for me. I want to totally surrender and be at her mercy. But what if I experience a muscle cramp or some other internal injury that the domme cannot notice?

So this is how I do it nowadays. The last time I did it was with Mistress Cassandra of NYC. She's awesome, by the way. I stated my hard limits (which are very few), and asked her to honor my safe word ONLY in case of a medical reason. So in session, if I call out my safe word, she would stop. Then I'd have to explain what is wrong. It better be something medical, or else she will continue to torture me. That worked out quite well. I did call out my safe word during canings, but she knew I was just chickening out so she continued caning me. Wow, the helplessness and vulnerability I felt was awesome. At the same time, I knew I was safe if something was wrong medically. (Contact lenses falling out count as medical and you should be given the opportunity to put them back on, lol).

Besides medical reasons, I ask that my safe word be honored in one other situation only: if during public humiliation, I see someone who knows me. In that case, the safe word means we stop the public humiliation and we both go away from that area as far as we can, lol. That has never actually happened. Hey, you never know, it's a small world. Of course, this is only true if I did not have a mask on. Whether to mask me or not is the Mistress's choice.

I LOVE consensual non-consent. It's as real as you can get with safety in mind. Needless to say, it must be done with a sane person whom you can trust.