Usually when you hear a Domme talking about cancellations it's the sub we are talking/complaining about, but cancellations happen on both sides of the proverbial fence. Mistresses have issues arise sometimes too: illness, family emergencies, etc. I am curious what others think is acceptable protocol in these circumstances. I myself have had to cancel/reschedule an appointment and it's something I never do lightly. If a sub cancels with me with less than 48 hours notice, I usually expect some sort of compensation (wish list item purchased, partial tribute, etc.) - especially if he doesn't immediately reschedule. I try to set the same standard for myself. If I can easily reschedule with the sub and no one is badly inconvenienced, I usually do nothing. However, if we are unable to reschedule I offer a discount off the next session, extra time in the next session, free access to my content site - something in way of a apology and compensation. I think that is just professional courtesy.

Some Dommes would disagree with me and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and way of doing things - but I think it's kind of important that the sub know what a Domme's policy would be in these circumstances.

I would love to hear both sub and Mistress feedback to this topic.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn