When I first began doing sessions in the 90's, I was the only dom at my studio. It was the day of same day sessions. I couldn't keep up with the volume. For every hour or two I was in session, 3 were lost by not answering the phone. A good male friend of mine was in between job at the time. I hired him to answer the phone by saying, "Lady Cheyenne's slave, how may I help you." Same experience as you describe. The caller just hung up when they heard a male voice. Half of the time, when they heard a female voice, they hung up too....they breathed into the phone, asked what I was wearing and jerked off first. It was annoying at the time but funny to think about now.

I've never been one for lowering price to compete. Quite the opposite, in fact. Charge top notch and return the same in quality. Dungeons competing for clients who are price based and looking for the lowest price will often receive the lowest quality of clients. A good dom doesn't have to worry about what her perceived competitor is doing. All she has to do is focus on what she is doing and maintain good work ethics.

It is never good to see dungeon wars going on...but it has happened in different areas that I've seen over the years. It comes from a place of insecurity. Scene folks are better off to support each other and focus their attention on what they are doing, not what someone else is. More than likely, if it was a female owned dungeon in Detroit dropping rates, the reaction would have been the same.

The bottom line, in my experience, isn't male or female dungeon owners, it is just about being nice to each other. Mistreatment is always creepier coming from a male in a femdom business. But, in my personal experience, I can't say that it happens any more often than from female business owners. I'm also happy to say that most of the the time, it just doesn't happen at all. And, if it does, the women in this business are strong enough to move on and find other venues or start their own.