Go Fund Me Page for The Sanctuary

Having just help shut down and deconstruct two different dungeons, and knowing of many more that are right on the verge, it is so sad to keep bringing please for help to this board. But, that is the unfortunate position our community find itself in. The Sanctuary is an LA institution and the dungeon of DommeCon founder & community leader Mistress Cyan.

Below is the language from the Go Fund Me page:

Quote:
Since 2011, our community has called Sanctuary “home”. We have hosted fundraisers, weddings, memorials, support groups, educational classes and workshops, and social events. Every year our Thanksgiving and Christmas fundraisers have collected truckloads of food and toys for those less fortunate. Many call Sanctuary “the community center” for our community.

In accordance with the California State and Los Angeles County mandates requiring the closure of all non-essential businesses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sanctuary closed its doors of operation on March 17th, 2020 and have been in compliance ever since. In an effort to ride this out, we dipped into savings and also secured an SBA loan early in the year. None of us ever thought that we would still be closed more than 10 months later. As a “non-essential business”, we are still closed, but the rent, insurance and other bills continue to come in and add up.

We thought we could “weather the storm” with savings and the SBA loan, but those resources are being depleted. A number of people in the community have urged Me to start a GoFundMe. I have resisted thinking we could survive without it, but I also thought our doors would be re-opening by now, but we were all wrong!

We are asking for your support. Every penny donated will go strictly towards the operating expenses such as rent, insurance, utilities, and loan payments. We want to be there for you again when it’s safe to re-open. Please consider helping us ride this out with your support so that we can continue to be that “community center” once again.

With sincere gratitude, I appreciate your support, both past and present. Please share this with your friends in the community.

Thank you so much! --- Mistress Cyan

If you can, please follow the link and help keep our community institutions in place. With the vaccine, there finally seems to be light at the end of the tunnel for these lockdowns... Now, it's just a question of what is there for us when it is over.

Go Fund Me Page for The Sanctuary