A close friend and former client of mine has been longing for professional playtime recently. His girlfriend plays with him but it isn't really her thing. She is a highly jealous woman. I suggested that she go route of Scooby and include her, allowing her to call the shots and be involved. But, he thinks it would tank their otherwise happy relationship. As it is now, he is mulling over how to address the subject of her playing with him more and learning a few skill sets. I've offered to talk and advise her. But, he doesn't think she'd go for that. This summer we are hanging out to together on a vanilla vacation. So, maybe as she gets to know me she'll see that she was nothing to worry about and I can be of help. Right now, it is sad to see my friend in that position. I've advised him not to session behind her back. As close as they are, it doesn't seem right for him to jeopardize the relationship by lying.

This reminds of the time when a client's wife called me because she found my phone number in his wallet. This was a client who adored his wife and family life. He just needed a bdsm charge here and there. I pretended like I didn't know what she was talking about because it wasn't my place to explain. In my heart, I thought if she only knew the truth. He loved her to the moon and back.

For those who have to hide their interests in pro sessions, does it bother you? Have you ever told a personal partner about them only to have the relationship put in jeopardy?