Originally Posted By Cheyenne
What is your idea of a traditional dungeon? I ask because I've seen so many. Some of them have been wide open spaces and spectacular. Others have been theme houses that was like stepping into a magical world. Some of been a receptionist in the front with a row of small "Dungeon rooms," and had the feel of being in an hourly no tell motel.

Probably the last truly memorable dungeon I ever visited was Empress Dominique's in Jersey City during the '98 to 2000 time frame. It was a whole process to get there. Drive to NJ from NYC and make a quick right hand turn off the Holland Tunnel. Either pick up the Empress at her home or meet her there. (She shared the space with another Mistress and it was always just the Empress and me there.) It was in an old warehouse. It consisted of a small waiting room, a bathroom and a large playspace with a cross, benches, etc. for bondage, various equipment, etc. a very theatrical space. A perfect stage for the Empress. And I did serve the Empress at her apartment too which was great since it was more lifestyle and intimate.