I don't think its a lack of awareness, I think that it just strikes them the wrong way because of the first definition, so they don't like the term and don't wish to be associated with it.

However, from our cultural language Mistress absolutely refers to the 2nd definition and it is that definition that rules its use. But its not just our culture that has people who nitpick terminology, you see it all the time in other communities as well...

Since the 1970s the term "black" has been consistently used to describe a specific racial group but at times that has offended some members of that community who have adopted Afro-American in the 1960 & 70s and African-American this century.

Same thing with sexual preference naming... Some terms are considered to be the "right" ones by some people and totally rejected by others (frankly it is impossible to keep up with the "proper" way to refer to terminology in regards to those communities).

So, where Forced-bi is not technically accurate (which was the OPs point that I was responding to), it is a generally accepted term... Just like Mistress, even if some women hate the term.

For clarification... When I call you Mistress, I am always doing so in the spirit of the 2nd definition (or at least that is what I will claim in order to keep my balls physically attached to my body)