I tend to do both a professional session and a play partner. My current play partner is in the medical field so we tend to do alot of medical things that I've been unable to find a local pro qualified or atleast with the proper gear to do certain things. For example years ago I had the intention of seeing a pro-domme to do a mangina during a session. This happen to be around Christmas when she was in town seeing family and had some free time. We had chatted and I basically asked her about what she thought about me seeing someone to do it who was not in the medical field. While she supported my idea of doing it, she cautioned me that infection could occur if the area was not properly prepped and the instruments were sterile. She mentioned that since she was in town till after New Years to just let her do it since after all, she was in the medical field and that it wouldn't cost me anything financially. When she did it she maintained a sterile field at all times and even went as far as using surgical prep on my skin.
We also engage in anal play and while sometimes we don't go as hard as some of the professionals I've seen, we've often gotten pretty close to it. Prior to having fun with my current play partner it was mostly all professionals except for those rare occasions where she was in town (previously lived across the contintent). She still encourages me to see the professionals since after all, she understands those bonds are often hard to break. There's been a few times where she's literally told me to go schedule a session with certain dommes I've been seeing recently not to only relief some stress on my life but to also help those whose primary source of income is pro sessions.