Mistress Ariana deserves high praise for what she has done. This is the end of an era. Remember, in the dirty old '80s and '90s in Manhattan dungeons were located in Chelsea, the Village (I remember a couple of Mistress Belle de Jour's places), in the West 30s in old factory buildings. They opened there because the rent was cheap and it was not residential. When I started sessioning in the early '70s with Belle she had a storefront on East 12th Street but many Mistresses listed in the old Screw Magazine did sessions in apartments. The scene gradually exploded and there were a dozen or more dungeons, beginning in the late '70s and through 1990 when BDSM was still underground to a large extent. By the '90s the action went to dungeons but a few of the Mistresses I saw were advertising in New York Magazine's personal ads section and they worked in apartments in those areas.

From what I've heard rents are going down in Manhattan and all over NYC. Maybe dungeons will make a comeback when the pandemic ends. But the rent bargains of the '70s and '80s for large dungeon spaces are no more.