Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
I can't speak for other Dommes, but to say I have "broken" someone or want to "break" someone is used a bit tongue and cheek. Pushing someone's limits or having a breakthrough moment in training is not breaking a sub - at least not to Me.

In the few instances where a sub really breaks down in session, a ton of aftercare is needed to bring him/her back to a solid, stable, healthy place. I have experienced this more in lifestyle scenes than in pro sessions.

I gave this topic more thought and it occurred to me that one type of session that involves "breaking the sub" are interrogation role plays. I am going to confess that while I been intrigued by them I never got around to doing one. My understanding is that the sub tries to hold out for as long as possible but in the end the interrogator "breaks" him and he spills the beans. I am guessing that breaking too soon is a bit like premature ejaculation though. So this sort of session works best once the Domme has learned this sub's tolerances and weaknesses. So I don't see it as being a good choice for a first session.