It seems that there are dramatic differences in the way that people use the term to break a sub or slave, and large differences whether or not "breaking a sub" is a desirable thing or whether it is or should be a goal of the domme sometimes, if not asked.

The agreements seem to be that breaking a sub often overlaps with the sub crying or begging, and it sometimes overlaps with the sub asking to do things beyond his hard limits or fears.

On one hand, many dommes like to mold their subs and slaves, and on the other, if we search the net on the topic, a lot of people say to not break the sub!

Below is a post by a domme who started a thread over at max several years ago. The post started 4 pages of discussion and then it went silent about 4 years ago . . .

One of the bloggers that I follow wrote about "breaking a sub" and what it means. I think this should make a very interesting and enlightening discussion.

To me, breaking means having him beg me to do things to him that I know are past his hard limits. This happened a few times and the "high" was incredible, but daunting at the same time.

I am sure that most, if not all ladies on this site, have at one point or another made a grown man cry.

What does breaking mean to you? And after you "broke" him (or her) how did you put him "back" together?

Subs, have you ever been "broken"?