My history is vaguely similar:

1) Independent dommes with their own dungeons. This is my strong preference, and the preponderance of my patronage. This is a pretty intimate and still somewhat risky hobby we have here, and I feel a lot better knowing who I'm dealing with, and that there aren't tons of other people doing who-knows-what, who-knows-where, in the building at the same time. It also just feels better, in a way I can't put my finger on...maybe more immersive and personal, in the sense that there's not a third party with their own negotiations, schedule, and protocols involved.

2) Wrestlers - I haven't been to see a wrestler in a long, long time, partially because my interests have evolved, but also because there were never many women who blended it in a compelling way. Ironically, there was one wrestler-domme (now retired) who, post-session, suddenly pinned me again, and whispering into my ear, promised/threatened that she would eventually take me deeper into BDSM, describing things that, at age 25, I found alarming and - APPALLING! Before letting me go, she said "Mark my words. Oh, and when it happens, you'll beg me for more." I'll never forget the smirk on her face. Although she didn't get to see it, she...was...100% right.

3) Dancers - I used to frequent strip clubs, and more times than would seem natural, I would eventually find myself being choked, bitten, pinched, and smacked. It was like I had a fucking KICK ME sign on my back. That led to some completely spontaneous mini-sessions that, despite the limitations of the environment, were fucking amazing just due to the atmosphere of danger and taboo. Writhing in pain, a hand over my mouth or around my neck, the dancer watching the bouncer, and the bouncer watching watching the door...LMAO!